Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Do it Yourself Presentation on the Standards Rule

Just as I did with the Meaningful Use Rule, I've prepared a presentation that you can use for your Board and stakeholders to review the Standards Final Rule. Feel free to use it without attribution to me.

This should save thousands of hours since everyone will be preparing the same material. Download it here.

Here's how I've organized it:

I've listed the Content, Vocabulary and Privacy/Security Standards and Implementation Guidance.

Please let me know if I can clarify or add to this presentation to make it more useful for you.

2 comments:

Cris Ross said...

John, things like this will help common understanding and sharing of best practices. Thank you!

Lisa said...

John, the ONC final rule mentions using a PHIN HL7 2.5 message structure for national condition reporting in the syndromic surveillance section. Is there any recognition that syndromic surveillance reporting to state health departments differs from the national notification of reportable disease information to CDC? Did ONC adopt a CDC PHIN Message for clinical providers to use to send messages to their states?